Can you actually make good money on Fiverr?
When I was figuring out how to make money writing online, one of the first places I looked at was www.Fiverr.com. I’d heard that you could make a ton of money on the site but I had to find out for myself. If you are reading this post, then you are probably wondering the same thing: “Can I actually make good money on Fiverr?”
Yes, you can absolutely make good money on Fiverr. You can make from $5 up to $2000+ per service, and you can create up to 7 gigs (services/products) the moment you set up your account. That means you have the potential to make hundreds or thousands of dollars per week.
The biggest reason people don’t realize how much money they can make from Fiverr is that they don’t understand how to make money on the platform. I’ll admit, your potential earnings on Fiverr are not always completely obvious and there is a bit of a learning curve. You must know why and how Fiverr is profitable.
Can you actually make good money on Fiverr: Is Fiverr Profitable?
Fiverr is 100% profitable if you know what you are doing on the platform. Some sellers (individuals who sell services or products on Fiverr) make an incredible amount of money – even full time earning.
Just take a look at this chart of 9 random people killing it on Fiverr. I included top sellers and totally new accounts, just to show you the range. Take note that I estimated their total earned from their lowest paying gig. So this is just the minimum they could have earned from just one of their gigs.
That means they can have 7+ gigs running at the same time with each one bringing in a massive number of orders and profits!
Just to drive home the profit potential: remember, this chart ONLY describes the minimum amount of money these sellers are making from a single gig. For example, check out the screenshot below of GoPro’s profile:
Notice how she has multiple gigs – 13 total gigs to be exact. The $2, 415 minimum profit listed above in the chart is from only ONE of her gigs. Most of her gigs have hundreds of orders!
Suggested Read: How to Start a Blog for Free and Make Money
How Hard Is It To Make Money On Fiverr?
Not hard at all, if you know how Fiverr works.
Take a gander back at the chart. That’s 9 people selling everything from social media marketing to psychic readings about your career. Yes, you can sell virtually anything on Fiverr! Sure, there are categories like digital marketing and video editing that make more money, but anyone can make money on Fiverr.
Consider this: If a new account offering psychic readings can make a quick $290, how hard could it really be? Ok, that oversimplifies it a bit, but not by much. If you know how Fiverr works, you can make easy money fast.
How Fast Can You Make $50 Per Month on Fiverr?
You can make $50 the first day you set up your account if you know how. And you can repeat that process once a month, once a month, once a day or multiple times per day.
It’s completely up to you, your desire to learn and your goals for what you want to earn.
The key is knowing how to make money quickly on Fiverr.
For example, on my most recent Fiverr account (I’ve had two so far – both profitable), I made $400 worth of sales in less than a month. The screenshot below is just one of these orders.
So, you can very quickly make $50 or more per month on Fiverr. How much you make is most often determined by:
- How much you know about the shortcuts to making money on Fiverr
- What services/gigs you offer
- How motivated you are to earn money on Fiverr
- Avoiding the newbie mistakes that can get your account penalized or shut down
- How much time and effort you put into selling on Fiverr
The most important factor is knowing the shortcuts because they can save you months of frustration and lost sales. If you want my personal cheat sheet of Fiverr Money Making Hacks, download a free copy right here.
How Much Money CAN You Make With Fiverr?
The top earners on Fiverr make six figures. Some of them earn upwards of $40,000 per month.
Yes, that wasn’t a typo. Not year, per month!
Check out these high-profit Fiverr Pros:
- Charmaine Pocek offers gigs like “resume writer, career consultant and recruiter” and earns $38,000-$48,000 per month
- Levi Newman, 36 is a copywriter who makes $10,000-$15,000 a month
- Redd Horrocks, 33 is a voiceover artist who banks $15,000 a month
What these three people have in common is that they didn’t expect to make six figures on Fiverr. In fact, most people don’t make that much money. Not because it’s not possible, but because most people don’t do what it takes to get there.
What these three examples prove is that Fiverr can be profitable. Seriously, Scrooge McDuck profitable. Even working at it part-time for a few hours over a few weeks, my newest account almost earned $500 profit.
What Gigs Make the Most Money on Fiverr?
According to Fiverr.com, these are the most profitable gigs:
- Video marketing, $300-$18,000
- Website building, $100-$3,000
- Mobile app development, $300-$3,000
- Search and display marketing, $100-$2,000
- Business copy-writing, $100-$2,000
You may notice that these top-earning gigs involve technology and marketing. Those are lucrative fields on any platform, and Fiverr is no exception.
If you happen to have skills in one of these areas (or are willing to put in a few weeks of study to learn about them), then you can make good money on Fiverr. You don’t have to be the supreme expert on a topic to sell a service. You only need to be a little bit more educated and experienced than the person buying the gig.
Can you Make Money Even If You Don’t Have Any Special Skills?
You don’t need any special skills or knowledge to make money on Fiverr. Sure, it helps, but it is not necessary.
For example, the following are a few ways you can make money on Fiverr without any special skills or knowledge:
- Sell someone else’s product or service and pocket the profit. (i.e., you offer to make an eBook cover for someone for $20, then you pay another seller $10 to make the cover – Poof! You get $10 without having to do any of the work yourself)
- You can also sell services that you complete with free tools online (such as Grammarly). In the case of Grammarly, you can sell editing or proofreading services. When someone pays, you copy and paste their writing into Grammarly. Then, with the simple push of a button, Grammarly analyzes and edits their writing for you.
- Offer gigs to simply chat with others. Sounds like a load of cra– I mean, baloney, I know, but Nadiyarashid’s gig says, “I will chat, talk, listen and advise you to relax your soul”. I’m not even sure what that means, but she has 50 5-star reviews and has already made a minimum of $250.
Her basic gig is $5 for a 20-minute chat, $10 for a 40-minute chat and $15 for an hour chat. That means, she’s potentially making $750. Sure, that’s not enough to live on, but it’s not bad income when all she’s doing is chatting with someone. And she’s not alone – there are 197 other people on Fiverr offering the same kind of service.
What Should A Beginner Know About Fiverr to Make Money?
There is a steep learning curve with Fiverr.
I’ve been earning money on Fiverr for over 3 years with two separate accounts. My first account made $1,000 working at it only parttime between other projects.
I regularly “paused” my gigs (basically, where you stop taking new orders temporarily) because I was busy with writing books or my other businesses.
That means, I potentially could have made thousands more from Fiverr with very little more effort. And I would have gladly done so, but at the time I was focused elsewhere on more lucrative contracts.
But I learned TONS with that first account that I immediately applied to my second (and currently active account) to make quick sales for high profits.
Complete YouTube Fiverr Tutorial For Beginners
The video below is a complete 40-minute tutorial on how to make money on Fiverr. Watch it all the way through for all the best tips and tricks! (for adults and kids).
5 Things I Wish I Had Known About Fiverr As a Beginner to Earn More Money Fast
- Learn the platform before you jump into creating gigs. here at Fiverr is 100% free to sign up for.
- Purchase a few gigs to see what it’s like from the buyer’s perspective and to see what you like and don’t like about sellers. Get 20% off your first gig order when you sign up here at Fiverr.
- Search and study your competition in the niche you want to be in – digital marketing, voiceovers, or casting love spells on unsuspecting exes. 😉
- Purchase a few gigs from your competitors to get an inside look at how they operate. Especially the top performers. This will teach YOU tons and put you massively ahead of everyone else.
- Finally, get a mentor and learn from someone who has already been successful. It’s the quickest route to reproducing and perhaps outperforming their results.
If you want me to be your personal online mentor, start now: Download your free copy of my eBook, Fiverr Money Magnet: 10 Secrets to Dominate Fiverr Forever