When I was figuring out how to make money writing online, one of the first places I looked at was Fiverr.com. I’d heard that you could make a ton of money on the site but I had to find out for myself.
Can you actually make good money on Fiverr?
Yes, you can make good money on Fiverr. You can make from $5 up to $2000+ per service, and you can create up to 7 gigs (services/products) the moment you set up your account. Most Fiverr sellers average $500 or more per month. You have the potential to make thousands of dollars per month.
In this article, you’ll learn everything you need to know about making good money on Fiverr.
Can You Actually Make Good Money on Fiverr? (Full Answer With Proof)
Fiverr is 100% profitable if you know what you are doing on the platform. Some sellers (individuals who sell services or products on Fiverr) make an incredible amount of money – even full-time earnings.
Just take a look at this chart of 9 random people killing it on Fiverr.
I included top sellers and totally new accounts, just to show you the range. Take note that I estimated their total earned from their lowest paying gig. So this is just the minimum they could have earned from just one of their gigs.
That means they can have 7+ gigs running at the same time with each one bringing in a massive number of orders and profits.
Just to drive home the profit potential: remember, this chart ONLY describes the minimum amount of money these sellers are making from a single gig.
For example, check out the screenshot below of GoPro’s profile:
Notice how she has multiple gigs – 13 total gigs to be exact. The $2, 415 minimum profit listed above in the chart is from only ONE of her gigs. Most of her gigs have hundreds of orders!
How Hard Is It to Make Money on Fiverr?
Not hard at all, if you know how Fiverr works.
Take a gander back at the chart. That’s 9 people selling everything from social media marketing to psychic readings about your career. Yes, you can sell virtually anything on Fiverr.
Sure, there are categories like digital marketing and video editing that make more money, but anyone can make money on Fiverr.
Consider this: If a new account offering psychic readings can make a quick $290, how hard could it really be? Ok, that oversimplifies it a bit, but not by much. If you know how Fiverr works, you can make easy money fast.
The biggest reason people don’t realize how much money they can make from Fiverr is that they don’t understand how to make money on the platform.
I’ll admit that your potential earnings on Fiverr are not always completely obvious.
There is a bit of a learning curve.
How Fast Can You Make $50 Per Month on Fiverr?
You can make $50 the first day you set up your account if you know how. And you can repeat that process once a month, once a month, once a day, or multiple times per day.
It’s completely up to you, your desire to learn, and your goals for what you want to earn.
The key is knowing how to make money quickly on Fiverr.
For example, on my most recent Fiverr account (I’ve had two so far – both profitable), I made $400 worth of sales in less than a month. The screenshot below is just one of these orders.
So, you can very quickly make $50 or more per month on Fiverr. How much you make is most often determined by:
- How much do you know about the shortcuts to making money on Fiverr
- What services/gigs do you offer
- How motivated you are to earn money on Fiverr
- Avoiding the newbie mistakes that can get your account penalized or shut down
- How much time and effort did you put into selling on Fiverr
The most important factor is knowing the shortcuts because they can save you months of frustration and lost sales. If you want my personal cheat sheet of Fiverr Money Making Hacks, download a free copy right here.
How Much Money Can You Make With Fiverr?
The top earners on Fiverr make six figures. Some of them earn upwards of $40,000 per month.
Yes, that wasn’t a typo. Not year, per month!
Check out these high-profit Fiverr Pros:
- Charmaine Pocek offers gigs like “resume writer, career consultant, and recruiter” and earns $38,000-$48,000 per month
- Levi Newman, 36 is a copywriter who makes $10,000-$15,000 a month
- Redd Horrocks, 33 is a voiceover artist who banks $15,000 a month
What these three people have in common is that they didn’t expect to make six figures on Fiverr. In fact, most people don’t make that much money. Not because it’s not possible, but because most people don’t do what it takes to get there.
What these three examples prove is that Fiverr can be profitable. Seriously, Scrooge McDuck is profitable. Even working at it part-time for a few hours over a few weeks, my newest account almost earned $500 profit.
What Gigs Make the Most Money on Fiverr?
According to Fiverr.com, these are the most profitable gigs:
- Video marketing, $300-$18,000
- Website building, $100-$3,000
- Mobile app development, $300-$3,000
- Search and display marketing, $100-$2,000
- Business copy-writing, $100-$2,000
You may notice that these top-earning gigs involve technology and marketing. Those are lucrative fields on any platform, and Fiverr is no exception.
If you happen to have skills in one of these areas (or are willing to put in a few weeks of study to learn about them), then you can make good money on Fiverr. You don’t have to be the supreme expert on a topic to sell a service. You only need to be a little bit more educated and experienced than the person buying the gig.
Can You Make Money Even if You Don’t Have Any Special Skills?
You don’t need any special skills or knowledge to make money on Fiverr. Sure, it helps, but it is not necessary.
For example, the following are a few ways you can make money on Fiverr without any special skills or knowledge:
- Sell someone else’s product or service and pocket the profit. (i.e., you offer to make an eBook cover for someone for $20, then you pay another seller $10 to make the cover – Poof! You get $10 without having to do any of the work yourself)
- You can also sell services that you complete with free tools online (such as Grammarly). In the case of Grammarly, you can sell editing or proofreading services. When someone pays, you copy and paste their writing into Grammarly. Then, with the simple push of a button, Grammarly analyzes and edits their writing for you.
- Offer gigs to simply chat with others. Sounds like a load of cra– I mean, baloney, I know, but Nadiyarashid’s gig says, “I will chat, talk, listen and advise you to relax your soul”. I’m not even sure what that means, but she has 50 5-star reviews and has already made a minimum of $250.
Her basic gig is $5 for a 20-minute chat, $10 for a 40-minute chat, and $15 for an hour chat. That means, she’s potentially making $750. Sure, that’s not enough to live on, but it’s not a bad income when all she’s doing is chatting with someone. And she’s not alone – there are 197 other people on Fiverr offering the same kind of service.
You can also use tools such as Jasper AI which essentially cranks out content for you.
I’m currently spending several hundred dollars per month on writers who use, guide, and edit Jasper to produce content.
Can You Make a Living Out of Fiverr?
Many people make a full-time living from Fiverr.
In fact, some of the top sellers on the site are earning six-figure incomes.
How do they do it?
A lot of it has to do with offering high-quality services and providing an exceptional level of customer service. If you’re able to deliver results that exceed your buyer’s expectations, then you’ll have no problem earning repeat business.
And as your business grows, you’ll be able to raise your prices and start earning even more money.
Can Fiverr Make You a Millionaire?
If you’re looking to make some quick cash on Fiverr, you might be disappointed to learn that it’s unlikely to make you a millionaire overnight.
In order to achieve that level of success on the platform, you’ll need to either offer a high-quality service that commands a high price or be able to scale your business by taking on multiple gigs at once.
Neither of these options is easy, and it will take a lot of hard work to achieve either one.
However, if you’re willing to put in the effort, there’s a good chance you can make a decent income on Fiverr. And, who knows, with enough dedication and luck, you might just become the next Fiverr millionaire.
How Much Can a Beginner Earn on Fiverr?
As a beginner, you’ll likely need to offer your services at a lower price to get your first customers, get reviews, and build your clientele.
As you gain a reputation for quality service, you can raise your prices.
Therefore, you’ll probably make between $5-$30 per gig when you start out. Of course, this depends on your service. If you build websites for people, you can charge more.
If you write 500-word articles, you’ll be competing with a lot of other people.
It will take time to stand out.
As a beginner, you’ll usually make $0 your first few weeks or months. Once you start getting clients, you’ll make $5-$100 per month. You can expect to scale slowly at first and rapidly later.
What Should A Beginner Know About Fiverr to Make Money?
There is a steep learning curve with Fiverr.
I’ve been earning money on Fiverr for over 3 years with two separate accounts. My first account made $1,000 working at it only part-time between other projects.
I regularly “paused” my gigs (basically, where you stop taking new orders temporarily) because I was busy with writing books or my other businesses.
That means, I potentially could have made thousands more from Fiverr with very little more effort. And I would have gladly done so, but at the time I was focused elsewhere on more lucrative contracts.
But I learned TONS with that first account that I immediately applied to my second (and currently active account) to make quick sales for high profits.
Here are other quick tips for making money on Fiverr:
- Sign up for Fiverr.
- Create multiple gigs for the same service (2 or 3 writing gigs or 2 or 3 developer gigs).
- Use SEO to rank high in Fiverr search for your target keywords (ex. Write articles or Fix website issues).
- Come up with a unique title different from what your competitors use.
- Explain your experience and expertise in your Fiverr gig description.
- Price your gig cheap and fast until you get your first 50 clients. Then slowly raise your prices, offer more gig extras, and extend the delivery time by a day or few days (whatever makes the most sense).
- Use a high-quality gig image with a picture of a person on it.
- Add examples of your word to the gig images section.
- Promote your gigs on social media.
- Give your customers more than you promise to encourage great reviews and repeat orders.
- When you deliver gig extras, include a document with affiliate links and the option for the client to move away from the Fiverr platform and work with you externally (this saves both you and the client money from paying Fiverr to handle the transitions).
Complete YouTube Fiverr Tutorial For Beginners
The video below is a complete 40-minute tutorial on how to make money on Fiverr.
Watch it all the way through for all the best tips and tricks! (for adults and kids).
5 Things I Wish I Had Known About Fiverr as a Beginner to Earn More Money Fast
- Learn the platform before you jump into creating gigs. Fiverr is 100% free to sign up for.
- Purchase a few gigs to see what it’s like from the buyer’s perspective and to see what you like and don’t like about sellers.
- Search and study your competition in the niche you want to be in – digital marketing, voiceovers, or casting love spells on unsuspecting exes.
- Purchase a few gigs from your competitors to get an inside look at how they operate. Especially the top performers. This will teach YOU tons and put you massively ahead of everyone else.
- Finally, get a mentor and learn from someone who has already been successful. It’s the quickest route to reproducing and perhaps outperforming their results.
Final Thoughts: Can You Actually Make Good Money on Fiverr?
I’ve personally made hundreds of dollars on Fiverr over the years.
Don’t let inertia or doubt stop you from making extra pocket money or even a full-time income from freelancing.